At times we can feel like we are struggling against everything – our families, our jobs – even our own bodies and emotions can betray us.
This happens for many reasons…maybe we’re trying to multi-task and wear too many hats, like taking care of our home and kids (and maybe our parents, too), while putting in the countless hours that are necessary to build a successful business.
Emotions like fear can be an issue. We might fail in our business, in our marriage. Even success may come at a price and we could suffer the resentment of our family and friends.
Then again, everything can be going great and something unforeseen/bad happens and we go down the negative path of insecurity, self-doubt, feeling unworthy….
Face it, no matter who you are or where you come from, no one can avoid adversity: everyone experiences challenges, difficulties, and lamentable moments. Yet – is there a greater confidence builder than conquering each obstacle in front of you? Instead of roadblocks, struggles can be a jumping off point to increased resilience, courage, self-assurance, and self-esteem. They can have a way of bringing out our true strengths and qualities, and give us the boldness and fortitude to overcome the next hurdle. You may even find and enjoy the bonds of comradery when you discover you’re not alone!
You don’t have to look too long or too hard to find examples of inspiring people who have battled with adversity and risen above it:
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: 4-term president paralysed by polio
- Oprah Winfrey: for a time the world’s only black billionaire, one of the most influential women on earth who was born into poverty to a teenage single mom, and raped at age 9
- Sylvester Stallone: iconic actor (writer/director/producer) not only struggled for years to make inroads in the industry, but suffered partial facial paralysis as a result of complications during childbirth
- Albert Einstein: Nobel Prize winning physicist, the word “Einstein” is synonymous with genius – couldn’t get a job in physics for two years after graduation; working as an assistant patent examiner, he was passed over for promotion many times
- Elle Woods – Legally Blonde!
- Sansa Stark – Game of Thrones!
If you repeatedly struggle with the same things, if you need help – and we all do at times -confronting unwieldy emotions/mindset, the Neural Alignment Method® [http://go.dawncady.com/the-neural-alignment-method] may be of benefit to you.